Based on my long lasting ties to the community of my birth and significant leadership vacuum created by the planned departure of Sheriff Haley and because of the support of many of those within the community, I have been compelled to enter this important race. I also strongly believe that the citizens of Washoe County need and deserve the best possible leadership and vision for the future of this important office.
I am a 4th generation native Nevadan who cares deeply for the community– my vision is to lead the Sheriff’s Office into a new era of excellence and accountability for all citizens and visitors of this great county. In my opinion any elective position should be based on the proven ability to work with others, experience, training, education and proven leadership ability.
I am not a status quo kind of leader. Quite the contrary—I pledge that I will provide the best possible service to the citizens of this great state. My vision and agenda are quite aggressive but the transition of new leadership requires innovation and renewed focus. I plan on taking my ideas, ideas of the citizenry and those of the employees to new heights. Law enforcement must change with the times. I have a 10 Point Plan encompassing short term and long term strategic goals as follows.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about my candidacy. I hope I can count on your support and vote.
Jim Lopey – Candidate for Washoe County Sheriff
Why vote for Jim Lopey?
- Jim is the ONLY candidate who served as your Assistant Sheriff for over 8 years.
- Jim is the ONLY candidate with nearly 20 years of management and leadership experience.
- Jim is the ONLY candidate with a 4 year Bachelor’s Degree (UNR) Criminal Justice.
- Jim is the ONLY candidate with a Master’s Degree (UNLV) Emergency Crisis Management.
- Jim is the ONLY candidate to graduate from the FBI National Academy.
- Jim is the ONLY candidate who has pledged 20% of his yearly salary (proceeds to be used on special events and team building projects for employees and volunteers).